Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to handle iterations for different actions in QTP
Not Solved
Hi All,
I have a question on handling the iterations and how many times the Actions are run based on the iterations.
here is my scenario ,i have a qtp script with 2 actions and i have 5 rows of data in each of the action specific data tables. now i want to run the the first action with the first row of its data and then the second action with the first row of its data.
for eg. i have action 1 and action 2 and action1 has 5 rows of data in its datatable and similarly action 2 has 5 rows of data in its own data table and my global data sheet does not have any data.
now when i run the script action 1 should be run with the row 1 data and then after that action 2 should be run with the row 1 data (from its own data sheet) and then action 1 again should run with row 2 data and then action 2 with row 2 data and so on
how do i handle this situation, also is there a way we can handle the iteration and action calling when both the actions have data in their own data sheets but the number of data rows are different.

any help in this is greatly appreciated Smile
thanks in advance
prasad
Not Solved
Prasad,
It is fairly possible. Would you mind posting in formatted state the code you have tried so far ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can UFT Handle Detecting Redirects? zunebuggy 0 784 05-28-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Repeat iterations Until New Value Is Seen in Column1 shayk1985 1 1,506 07-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT Datatable iterations Studymode 2 3,494 12-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Studymode
  QTP-Re-executing script after completion of all iterations JwalantBhatt0602 1 2,555 03-24-2016, 12:37 AM
Last Post: JwalantBhatt0602
Question QTP not performing iterations based on local data sheet Breaker 18 55,329 01-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: arunshuklainbox