Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to hide Webpage window for few minutes and make it visible after that
Not Solved
Hi,

When i clicked a link, it opens up a webpage(say parent). From this window, i open one more window(say child). I need to do some update on this child window. Until this update completes, my parent window should be in hidden mode but not closed. Once i complete the updates, parent window should become visible.

How can i achieve above mentioned functionality?

I need to carry out this workaround as QTP recognises both Parent and Child window as same object although it differs even from title. Could not figure why it has identified like this?

Although, QTP has created 2 objects in OR for both Parent and child, when i highlight the objects from QTP into application, it recognises Parent window for both the objects until i close the Parent window manually.
Not Solved
what are the properties and their values object repos is storing?
Not Solved
I checked some of the properties and values. Among those, for following properties values differ:

URL, Title.

I tried with URL property to differentiate the window, but it always takes Parent window although i am trying to call for Child Window.

Issue is same with Title property also.

When both windows are opened, i should be able to activate the child window. If this can happen, then issue may be solved to little instant.
Not Solved
show screenshots of parent and child along with properties in spy.
Otherwise it is difficult to imagine for me as to what they are
Not Solved
Hi Ram,
From your statement like "When i clicked a link, it opens up a webpage(say parent). From this window,"

you are saying Opens up a webpage and same time "from this window". window and webpage both are very different please clarify new webpage is getting open or new window..??

If webpage is getting open, using creation time property we can differentiate.
Not Solved
Hi,
I think we need two different handlers for ur 2 windowds, use hwnd property of the browser to distinguish between the two windows and I thinks this will help u out.

Regards,
Sankalp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exist and Visible Are True When Objects Aren't There - Is there A Better Way? zunebuggy 3 2,726 04-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to make QTP Script to work when system gets locked? ramkumarad 6 11,886 11-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Divv
  webpage WinObject has same name Ananthakumar_S 0 1,565 11-30-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Ananthakumar_S
  [UFT] [WPF] DataGrid: check if vertical and horizontal scrollbars are visible robertosalemi 0 2,255 07-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Intermitent "Object not visible" error erodpr 5 3,283 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vinod123