Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to parameterize the value which is in Object repository
Not Solved
Hi All,

Just help me "How to Parameterize the value which is in Object repository".
Means when the script is running the target port is localhost:7889, how to change it to as global, means the user should connect any of the machine which is local or any other machine .

Ex: http://localhost:6478/ - global - http://othremachine (instead of localhost):8090/

when script is running, script will be able to connect to machine which is alive i.e local or global.

Thanks,
Adhikari.
Not Solved
Hi,
Help me understanding your question, you want to give the local host name of the machine in which the script is running?
If yes then you can use the environment variable to fetch that info and parse it to the OR.

Code:
Dim strHostName : strHostName = Environment("LocalHostName")
now using the SetToProperty method you can update the object property value.

The second option is to use the regular expression.

Let me know if you need any further info.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
Paramtrize that property value and take tha value from data table. At the time of execution change the value of url which is up and execute tha application
Not Solved
1. Define a data table column for the URL values.
2. In your test read the value of the URL from data table and store it in a variable say sURL
3. Now use invokeapplication or SystemUtilRun object to invoke an internet explorer.
4. Instruct the IE to navigate to the URL stored in variable sURL

(Search Google. You will get a lot of code examples how to invoke an IE and navigate to a URL)
Not Solved
Hi Thanks for your information.

One doubt about your given code "Dim strHostName : strHostName = Environment("LocalHostName")"
But here need to specify the target host name and it will pickup that host only but I need O/P like

At runtime any of the target host should take.

Now new problem is like as below

- The wsdl is generating from 'web services wizard' and its pointing to Local host or other host name when the script is recorded.

- Now the Situation is, need to pick up any of the host name at run time.

please help on this.

Thanks,
Adhikari.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,860 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,438 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,969 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,632 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard
  Change Object Repository File Path for ExternalActions MasterChief 1 4,426 11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Last Post: vinod123