Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to reduce the execution time of script involving innertext in webelement
Not Solved
Hi,

I am using QTP 11 trial version, IE8 and Windows 7 in QTP automation.

In the application there are validations which involves comparing Innertext of webelements. The initialization script is Action and rest of the files (Function libraries and test case) are in .VBS format. While executing the test script, for each test step that is executed the control goes to the Global function .vbs file and the innertext of the webelement is obtained using "getroproperty".
Code:
Set oObject = Browser("").Page("").Webelement("")
tet = oObject.getroproperty("innertext")
.....I notice that at this particular step, its taking a real long time to get the innertext.

In the OR, I capture html id, html tag, innertext for webelements and the innertext has values (89.09, 87.00). So inorder to make the object applicable to all values. I made innertext as .*(regular exp).
Smart identification is "ON".

I referred some articles on the net and tried with Smart identification as "OFF" to improve the execution speed. But with this, values with .* were not recognized by QTP. Also, I declared variables and checked the speed but nothing increased the speed.

What can be done to make the increase the speed of execution for statements involving innertext.
Not Solved
Looks like Smart Identification(SI) is getting invoked during identification of an object. Check the results to find out which of the properties are used by SI. Once you get those properties , make appropriate changes to OR and run your script with SI off.
In case you have lots of heavy images and you are not checking them, you may want to turn them off in your browser to decrease page load time.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues while uft script execution AAB 4 4,494 10-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  QTP Real Time examples and vb script programs QTpier 0 4,067 07-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Last Post: QTpier
  QTP Script execution on Remote Machine rgaribe 4 11,438 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Last Post: GregHicks
Rolleyes How can we run QTP on virtual machine at scheduled time through VB script. ritugoyal 13 21,826 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Batch script execution in Remote Tijo T Thomas 0 2,339 11-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Tijo T Thomas