Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I faced this question in interview
Not Solved
we have 3 different site and has same button suppose sign in but all 3 sites have different properties what will be approach in QTP.

Plese help me i a new in QTP
Not Solved
Hi epo2l,
your query is not clear enough, would you like to elaborate a bit?

Not Solved
Thanks for replying .I am trying to explain a bit more .i have some product and we sell on 2 different sites .on web we go kid section and choose boys
same we do on other site .
we are doing same thing but when we record they have different properties and we r trying we can use same action for both of link
how can ?
I hope it can help to explain
Not Solved
you should use descriptive programming here
something like - .weblink("text:=link","html tag:=A")

Not Solved
Hi,

I got your question. We have a two sites... we have to perform same action on both of sites but using a one action / Function... they don't have similar properties.

We have a solution that... the property values which are not same in both of sites are passing as input parameters to Function or Action. Using those properties in that Action/Function and perform that Action.

I hope you got it.

If you don't, Let me know

Hello Saket,

I got your answer we use mostly descriptive on webapplications. But as per your question the property values you are providing are not changing dynamicallly then how it works on two different sites. He said that we have only one action to perform action on two sites.

Please let me know. If I am wrong.
Not Solved
That depends, you will have to observe the test objects and properties for both the sites.
if it can be regularised then can be done with a single action only.
in my earlier reply, i assumed the text will be same on both sites and that was just an example Smile

Not Solved
We can pass properties to a function for constructing the .Weblink(...) depending on the site we are accessing.
In run time we shall create the object by using DP.
Not Solved
You could simply use checkpoints that verify other objects or wording on the page itself. I am assuming the pages don't all look the same. Associate the check point to a variable or use '.exist(1)' if it is TRUE then you know what page you are on regardless of the buttons and their particular properties (all being the same).

This is your answer. No need ot make it confusing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interview Questions praveen.sharma 4 5,520 08-23-2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ahmad3029
  Interview Questions supputuri 12 12,609 08-23-2022, 11:45 AM
Last Post: ahmad3029
  Interview question nandha 0 1,718 03-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: nandha
  Few Interview Question asked in various Companies.. shailesh.2.singh@bt.com 1 3,275 08-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: mallika199317@gmail.com
  Challenges faced in QTP rocky9 0 3,343 06-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Last Post: rocky9