Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Flextree object
Not Solved
Hi all,

I am automating flex application using QTP 9.2, I can able to record and play back all the objects in the aplication. But I am facing issue with Flextree object. without selecting flextree object I can able to recognize all other objects in the application. But after selecting the flextree object I am not able to recongnize any object in the application. In Object Repository also I am not able to highlight the objects.

There are around 50 items in the tree list, once you select the tree object then all the items are activating with the same properties, thats the reason its not able to locate. I am getting error like "Failed to find object: Waiting for previous operation to complete".

There is a containers on top of theese treeobjects, is this problem with containers?, please find the QTP snippet

Code:
Browser("FlexApp").FlexApplication("app").FlexApplication("scout_3.swf").FlexDividedBox("dividedBox").FlexAccordion("treeList").FlexBox("Neiman's Store Catalog").FlexTree("index:0").Select "Designer Index"

Find the class name
Code:
FlexDividedBox - mx.containers.HDividedBox
FlexAccordion - mx.containers.Accordion
FlexBox - mx.containers.VBox

If any one had same kind of issue, please let me know the solution, I am trying many workarounds but still I am not suceeded, appreciate if anyone respond to this.

I attached screenshot as well
app.bmp - application
QTP_err - after selecting the flextree object in the next line getting the error. If I dont select then remaining objects are working fine.
Not Solved
Hi Ranjith,

Have you managed to find a solution for this problem?

I'm experiencing the same problem and as yet have not found a solution.
I did however find an old bug report on the adobe support site. I've contacted them, but have not had a response.
http:// bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXENT-401
Not Solved
Hello phareds,

Issue was with loading an images when I select a treeobject in my application. if you select any other treeobject which doesn't load images then it is working fine. I found a root cause is that the images are coming from an external location and I am using runtimeloading.html for comiplation of automation libraries.

If your application is also compiled with runtimeloading then try to compile without runtimeloading. that is embed all automation libraries with application .swf file.

Hope this would help you.

Thanks,
Ranjith.
Not Solved
Thanks Ranjith,

My problem is not specifically with treeobject.
I get the error intermittently across different areas of my application.

Based on your findings though, timing/speed seems to be the contributing factor.

My flex apps, does hide and show fields based on selections, and has javascript in it.

It could be the speed of these JavaScripts that is causing it.

Thanks for your help mate.

Cheers,
Phareds

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flex+Air object identification issue using UFT 11.5 prashantn 0 2,513 02-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Last Post: prashantn
  Object Identification Issue for Client Server application in QTP 11 Prashanth Kichadi 5 6,170 07-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Prashanth Kichadi
  Object repository issue while recording. rameshrise3 2 2,628 07-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Last Post: rameshrise3
  object recognition issue ggpriya 0 1,638 01-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Last Post: ggpriya
  Issue with Outlook Object somu175734 1 2,209 01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Last Post: prasad.vengala