Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local Object Repository
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I have written a test and saved it. I created a Global Object Repository. When I try to open the local OR nothing happens (select Resources>Object Repository ). I thought the local Object Repository was created automatically whenever a new test is written. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Do the tests need to be under a certain folder, or is it okay as long as the path is in the Test Settings's Poperty tab?

Thanks
I think you have not filtered the 'local objects' from the filter option.If you filter this after selecting Resources>Object Repository,the local OR associated with the test(if any) will be displayed.Else the global OR associated with the test will be displayed along with the local Objects(deep black colour).

Or this may happens that your test has not recorded any local objects.
I think you have not filtered the 'local objects' from the filter option.If you filter this after selecting Resources>Object Repository,the local OR associated with the test(if any) will be displayed.Else the global OR associated with the test will be displayed along with the local Objects(deep black colour).

Or this may happens that your test has not recorded any local objects.

correct me if am wrong.
I figured it out. I have two screens, but I change the display properties when I use QTP because it doesn't behave well unless I use a single screen. Somehow the 'Object Repository' was poping up 'off screen'. When I opened up QTP with both monitors, there it was on the second monitor.

Thank you very much for you help.

Has any one had luck with modifiying the QTP settings so it will work with a two monitor setup?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,860 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Local System Monitor kbhargava505 0 2,421 10-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Last Post: kbhargava505
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,439 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,970 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,632 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard