Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Not found in repository
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Guys,

I am new to QTP and struggling to get a script working. I recorded a web-based app which generated code on the lines,

Code:
Browser("APP_1").FlexApplication("Main").FlexCanvas("Select product").FlexForm("index:5").FlexComboBox("Domain:domainComboInput").Open
When i play back it fails with the error "Object not found in repository". I checked OR and the object seems to be available under APP_1. I selected to record the step again and this time it generated,
Code:
Browser("APP_2").FlexApplication("Main").FlexCanvas("Select product").FlexForm("index:5").FlexComboBox("Domain:domainComboInput").Open

The browser title or name, is getting incremented to APP_1, APP_2, APP_3 etc during each recording and so consistently fails playback. How to overcome this issue? Any suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks in Advance, SiviSad
try regularizing you browser title/url something like App_.*, similary you can do for your url.

Thanks a lot for the reply Saket.
I seriously do not understand what you actually mean by "try regularizing your browser title/url something like App_.*". Do you imply that my coding should be something like Browser("App_.*)?

However i think i found a workaround. I was browsing through OR and found all objects in my application available under "#" (though they are available under APP_1 and APP_2 as well). Modified the code to Browser("#") and it works Smile)

I would really like to know what you meant by regularizing the browser though.
Guys,

The problem is back again.
See the attached document.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sivi.

Attached Files
.doc   Problem.doc (Size: 87 KB / Downloads: 77)
Hi Saket,

I did NOW understand what you meant by regularise Smile

In OR title description i entered value APP\_?[1-10]?
It did not work. But, the concept looks that it may provide a solution. I need to understand regularise in more detail.

Thanks again.
Sivi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object not found during the 2nd iteration of an Action call in a For loop BGunay 0 861 04-23-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: BGunay
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,865 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,458 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,987 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,654 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard