Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Repository Issue
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all,

I am new QTP, I created some scripts in QTP 9.5 in one of my clients system with help of Object Repository.
My application is a Web application. So my addins are ActiveX, VisualBasic and Web
For the first time when I recorded a script I got the Browser name(B1) and Page name(P1) in the OR.
When I add a new object to the shared repository I get the Browser name (B2) and Page name(P2).
I used to drag and drop the required objects in page (p2) to Browser(B1) and delete the Browser(B2).
So the script which was intially as
Code:
Browser(B1).Page(P1).Link(A1).click
Browser(B2).Page(P2).Link(A2).click
Browser(B3).Page(P3).Link(A3).click
Browser(B4).Page(P4).Link(A4).click

was changed to
Code:
Browser(B1).Page(P2).Link(A2).click
Browser(B1).Page(P3).Link(A3).click
Browser(B1).Page(P4).Link(A4).click

I did the same thing to make sure that the Browser name was the same for all the lines in my script.
Scripts were executed successfully without any errors

Now I have created some scripts using the same Object Repository on my system. I have two actions in the script.
The first step in the first action after login to application is something like this
Code:
Now when I run the action1 I get the results as "Smart Identification was invoked" and some warnings

How can I avoid these warnings??

The first step in my second action is the same
Code:
But when I run the action2 I get the error that object not found in the Repository

How come the object recognised in the first action is not recognised in the second??
I get this problem even when I create and execute the script on my system.

Is the concept of dragging the objects from one browser to another correct? If not please let me know the solution for this.

I need to create scripts using Object Repository. Descriptive Programming is not allowed.

I have associated the repository to both the actions. I set the Manadatory, Assitive, Base filter and Optional Filter

properities as it was on my client system.

Could some one help me??

Thanks in advance

Sagar
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi ,

Just select the smar identification enable it .so that this smart identification error wouldnt show up on the screen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,854 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,433 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,967 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,627 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard
  Change Object Repository File Path for ExternalActions MasterChief 1 4,424 11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Last Post: vinod123