Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object not found-description mismatch -Reason?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi,

I have a small doubt regarding the error "description mismatch-object not found"
I found a warning in the QTP result with the following 'Original description'
Visible=-1 [What does this -ve number indicates?]
text=Save
html tab=A
but I confused after finding "html tab=B" for both Run time & test object properties under object spy.
How can I fix it when both of the properties are same? and also what the actual properties I need to check for in object spy?

Thanks in advance,
Akhila
visible is a boolean variable which can take two values True or False, 0 or 1.

I am not clear with the other part of your question.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Thanks Ankur.
Regarding my Question:
I found the following warning message in the Results
"cannot identify the object.Verify that object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application"
1) To fix the error do I need to compare runtime & test object properties using Object spy?
2) If I found any difference can I modify object properties in Reporsitory in order to match it with the run time properties?
Is it the correct process?

Thanks
ok...check (and fix) if there any mismatch between the recorded and run time property ....if you encounter a variable you might need to write a regular expression for it.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
hi ankur i m new for QTP 9.2 and i m also facing the same error can u plzz explain me how to come up with this ..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object not found during the 2nd iteration of an Action call in a For loop BGunay 0 856 04-23-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: BGunay
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,971 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,642 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard
  Taking Property values in Description objet throw Excel Sheet devarapallliramana 3 2,884 03-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  error with msdn's description of overwrite value of CreateTextFile ?? anu05446 1 2,440 03-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Last Post: basanth27