Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object repository
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi,

I am new to QTP as in went through the basics and was trying to automate one of my test applications. I was wondering if there is a way in which an Object Repository can be created for my AUT before i start recording. Something in the lines of winrunner where in you can have winrunner learn the AUT before we start recording.
AUT is a web applciaiton.

I am also finding that when i set Web in the dropdown in Objects identifciation it does not persist. In the sense once i come back to tools and choose Object identifcation its reset itself to Standard Windows.

Please do help me with this. I am sorry if this is been already there in some old thread I couldnot find , I did a search.
Hey ,
The process of creating object repository before we come through AUT is called as descriptive programming.You can refer the documetation for that.
And regarding the second problem check wether you have activated the web addin and let us know if you still have any problem.
I have the web addin alone activated. Still the problem persists. I had already tried that suggestion.
Is there no other way other than Descriptive programmin to create the OR . Is there something in QTP like the ability of winrunner to learn the AUT before recording so that the objects are identified and created.
I had the understanding that the Object identifier in QTP was meant to do that .
Sorry if i sound like repeating the same question.
Just open your object repository and use add objects to repository option.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,863 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,451 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,977 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,642 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard
  Change Object Repository File Path for ExternalActions MasterChief 1 4,433 11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Last Post: vinod123