Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Objects and object repository
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all

I am getting quite frustrated with QTP 9.5 these days. When im running my scripts, they fail on random places due to objects not recognized.

So my question is

Why are my objects sometimes recognized and sometimes not ?
What do i have to do to create shared repositories of my local ones and must i have one repo per action ?

FYI im testing a VB6 application (not web and not .Net)
what do you mean when you say - Why are my objects sometimes recognized and sometimes not ?
are theses objects remain same on every run, unless the object properties has not changed QTP will not give you such errors.
observe the properties of your objects.

for your second query - open local OR and export it.

dont be frustrate keep trying, you will definetly learn it Smile

Hi Saket

I have a text field called txtSocialSecurityNumber. Sometimes i get the error the "txtSocialSecurityNumber" object was not found in the Object Repository.

This error does not occur on each run but randomly.

I have added the object several times
and what are the manadatory properties you have set for text field? check if these properties are changing by chance.

Hi Saket
Where do i set these mandatory properties ?

Regards

Jan Riis Soerensen
Go to Tools -> Object Identification & select 'VB' Environment & select 'VBEdit' Test Object class & see which mandatory Properties are given.
Thx. I have added abs_x and abs_y to see if that helps with identification. Enabling smart identification should not be a good idea (or so I've heard)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collecting Objects And Object State At Runtime zunebuggy 3 1,523 11-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,854 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,433 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,967 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,627 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard