Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popup not being properly recognised in QTP when used with Siebel application
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I am using QTP on siebel application. A popup appears in siebel application. I have used recovery scenario to capture the popup message and proceed further by clicking Ok button. But it is not happening.
Lalitha -
Please be kind enough to add as much details as possible.
1.what is the popup? Is it recognized by qtp?
2. What kind of object is the popup?
3. Is there any error when the recovery executes?

Do me a favor and paste the code you have trried. It really helps to debug!!!
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks for replying.

The scenario is, I am trying to change the status of an Service Request field in siebel application to Ready for service. When changed, a Popup comes asking for confirmation. If Ok is clicked, there is some background validation which happens in siebel after which another popup comes saying, "Ready for service is completed". It has only Ok button.

I have recorded this as recovery scenario. The first popup is being recognised. but the Ok button is not being clikced. It takes long time.
Instead of the recovery scenario have you tried to code the scenario and put it up as a function? See if that helps because it is really difficult as to predict why the RS isint workinguntil i take a look at the RS or the AUT
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Hi,

In my scenario, when i change the status of the SR to Ready for Service, a popup comes,
"Are you sure the Service Request is Ready for service?"
After clicking Ok button for this popup, some background validation happens which is in siebel after that, another popup appears ,"Ready for validation is completed". Here Ok button has to be clikced..

For this, I tired this piece of code.
Code:
SiebApplication("Siebel Call Center").SetTimeOut(10)
Reporter.Filter = 3
On Error resume Next
    SiebApplication("Siebel Call Center").SiebScreen("Service - R5").SiebView("Service Request Field").SiebApplet("Service Request_2").SiebPicklist("Status").Select "Ready for Service"
    Reporter.Filter = 0
    Err.Clear
Browser("Siebel Call Center").Dialog("Windows Internet Explorer_3").WinButton("OK").Click
Browser("Siebel Call Center").Dialog("Windows Internet Explorer_3").WinButton("OK").Click
rc = SiebApplication("").SetTimeOut(originalTimeout)

After using this piece of code, the popup comes twice.
Help me out.
Lalitha,
Is there a time delay between the pop-ups. you mention the pop-up comes twice, which one is that? Is it the Ready for service one?
Are the properties same for both the popups ?
Basanth
Hi,
Both the popups come.. First the ready for service, then ready for vallidation. Again, the first one comes, then second one. The time gap is in seconds. Properties are same.
I am blinded, i am gonna try, see if the code below helps?
Code:
SiebApplication("Siebel Call Center").SetTimeOut(10)
Reporter.Filter = 3
On Error resume Next
    SiebApplication("Siebel Call Center").SiebScreen("Service - R5").SiebView("Service Request Field").SiebApplet("Service Request_2").SiebPicklist("Status").Select "Ready for Service"
    Reporter.Filter = 0
    Err.Clear
wait 2
Basanth
Hi
The above code worked fine with slight modification. We used another action for the changing the SR status. Then it worked fine.

Thanks for ur help
Hi Lalitha,

As far as i know , if you want to use a recovery scenario , "On error Resume next" should not be used in your script any where before it coz that would mean you are explictly telling QTP that it has to got to next step when it fails ,so may be the recovery is not working.

any ways just try that ones ,if you have not already solved teh issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MyBB how can i automatically click ok button in msgbox popup test 11 24,021 07-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Last Post: akash warke
  Close popup ad windows dustwynn 1 2,749 10-25-2016, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  QTP 11 - Oracle Forms objects not recognised WarrenRay 0 2,990 06-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Last Post: WarrenRay
At Siebel and Oracle Apps Objects Praveenkumar86 0 1,851 05-16-2015, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Praveenkumar86
Exclamation Login & logout in Siebel and clicking pop-up button yuetling926 7 10,697 07-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Last Post: hhamilton