Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Problem in Datatable Parametrization(QTP 9.0)
Not Solved
Hi

I am facing problem for "Data table Parametrization".
I want to parametrize values for "ChkSelectedList". When i take the values from data table, the first row value is "ON" by default and from 2nd row i had given values like 15,16,17,18 etc. But while running test different number value is taking if i replace ON by any value then QTP is throwing run time error ""The Parameter is incorrect".

Can any body help for this issue.

thanks
Abhishek

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
I think 'ChkSelectedlist' is a checkbox and can be set only 'ON'/'OFF'. you will not be able to pass a value to this.
I wonder how the rest of your parameters(15,6,17,18..) are working here.

Not Solved
Hi

Actually while recording i will select say number 1 (i.e seat number - Check box), when i run the test with the parametrized values from data table(Global Sheet) QTP is not taking the parameter values that i have specified.
Case 1 : Data table values with first row value is ON
While running the test qtp is taking number 2 and for next run 3 & so on.

Case 2: I replace "ON" with some other number, I will get above mentioned run time error.

Thanks
Abhishek
Not Solved
If I am getting it right, you need to select a different check box every time not the status. If so you will have to go for Descriptive programming and parameterize the checkbox object, not the status. here you are parameterising the status of a checkbox.

in expert view use something like
Code:
strName = Datatable("Name",dtGlobalSheet)
Browser().Page().webcheckbox("name:="&strName).set "ON"

Not Solved
OK, I understood. I left check box object as it is and parametrized values(Data table - Global sheet) for user name and password's. the test run was successful but in the result window the status was "Failed". but i observed while running the test, there were 3 iterations(3 values i have specified in Global sheet) completed successfully. Could you please help me in getting why the result status is showing "FAILED"

thanks
Abhishek

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
expand one of the iteration in your result and paste the snapshot, so that the actual error can be visible.

Not Solved
Yes. now i am sending one full iteration(Expanded) snapshot.
there are two snapshots. First one is from Page 1 to 8 and second one is continuation from Page number 9.

thanks
Abhishek

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
what is the error description? as you can see it has failed at checkpoint. notice the error there and see if you get somthing else let us know

Not Solved
I could not able to find any error message. the transactions (3 iterations ) was correct as i checked in the application. i could not able to understand one thing that test run was successful(Including transactions) but Status is failed in Result window.

thanks
Abhishek

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
result is failing at your checkpoint, what is the purpose of that checkpoint?
I think it is failed as there is no value there in your checkbox

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parametrization for dynamic Power Builder application qtptester17 0 1,529 10-26-2016, 02:55 AM
Last Post: qtptester17
  error in Parametrization triples13 1 1,823 01-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Last Post: triples13
  UFT 11.5 Parametrization- Not able to run the 2nd Iteration Sanjhisu 1 4,333 01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Last Post: mseroney88
  Datatable add and datatable import sheet wheelercha 4 33,348 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Arul
  parametrization under parametrization sudhirzpatil 0 1,800 02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sudhirzpatil