Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration in a Web browser
Not Solved Shy 
Hi, I need help. I'm testing a web application. I have registered a candidate (the user name is generated by QTP: QTP Candidate NO (random number between 0-1000), and created a lot of information and a lot of activities and in the end submitted the registration.

The last Activity will be to log in to the system with same QTP Candidate NO that was created in Activity 1. How can I tell the system to use that number?

Please come back if you want to have clarifications

Not Solved
Hi Ann,

you can store the candidate (with random number) and then use the same for login again.
Code:
strCandidate = "supputuri"
  RanNumber = RandomNumber(0,1000)
  'Now appending the random number to the candidate.
  LoginCandidate = strCandidate & RanNumber
  msgbox LoginCandidate
  ' now we have the candidate infor in the "LoginCandidate" variable and can use the same. (we can do it with out using strCandidate too)

Please let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
Hi again,
I have now succeeded to create the LoginCandidate variable but when I will use it again I don't get the same result when I use it in another activity. Instead for the content of "LoginCandidate" I get an empty login box or "LoginCandidate" as username.

My script for logging in:
Code:
Browser("Njord Web Portal - Candidate").Page("Njord Web Portal - Login").WebEdit("username").Set LoginCandidate & "@adecco.com"

My variable to create the variable in my ifrst activity:
Code:
strCandidate ="QTP.Candidate"                                CandidateNO=randomNumber(0,10000)LoginCandidate=strCandidate & CandidateNO

The script in the first activity:
Code:
Browser("Njord Web Portal - Login").Page("Njord Web Portal - Candidate").WebEdit("ADAPT__EMAIL$Home$EMAIL_ADD").Set LoginCandidate

Do you have any trick to even get it in my last activity?

I really appreciate your help!

Best regards,
Ann Hagglund, a real beginner
Adecco, Sweden

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  error object disabled on line 9 where it says " Browser("Browser").CloseAllTabs" kp_usa 1 3,085 12-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Last Post: adityapant27
  Need to identify Dropdown box in Google registration form manishnangalia 2 2,387 07-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Last Post: manishnangalia
  My IE Browser Recognizing as Window instead of Browser. sivakrishna 4 8,679 02-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Cant select any Browser in "Record and Run" Web settings Throwingstones18 5 4,464 08-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Last Post: shawnhunter
Exclamation how to handle multiple instances of web browser sandy.jakhar 3 5,722 03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Last Post: basanth27