Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SetToProperty question with shared repository
Not Solved
Greetings,

If you use Settoproperty for an object in a shared repository, will the newproperty last between actions?

Let's say I have a script with 2 actions that use the same shared repository, Action1 and Action2. Object1 has a ordinal value of 0 in the repository. If Action1 sets Ordinal value to 1, when it shows up in Action2 (which is called directly after Action1 finishes), Will it still have value of 1?
Not Solved
Hi,

I think set to property last till your script is in execution , so change in property will be reflected for action 2 which is in continuation to action 1.

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
Thanks for the response, that was what the documentation seemed to indicate. It doesn't look like SETTOPROPERTY is really designed to work with a shared repository. It seems to really screw around with identification properties. I have spent some time messing with it and it looks like 2 things are happening.

1) changes only last through the duration of the action, and revert back upon next action call, probably due to number 2 below.

2) SETTOPROPERTY will not make changes to a shared repository.
Not Solved
Yes. SETTOPROPERTY will not make changes to a shared repository. it will just update the object value during runtime. No Changes to OR will be made.

Thanks!
Ankesh
Not Solved
Even it will not update the local repository also, Updated value for the object is valid for run time only.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Shared repository vinod_3466 3 4,247 06-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  QTP 11 - CreateFolder fails to create folder in shared network drive from Windows 7 Pallavi 3 3,400 02-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  Shared Object Repository issue ShekharUlli 2 3,300 09-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Last Post: ShekharUlli
  Copy file to network shared location sams001 0 2,964 04-03-2013, 02:10 AM
Last Post: sams001
  Can a make Shared OR be made a Local OR sams001 0 1,802 10-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Last Post: sams001