Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i add objects to Object repository to make my scripts working?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
My reguirement:
open login screen and enter user id and password and click login.

Code:
Window("Streme :  Login .....").Activate
Window("Streme :  Login .....").WinObject("WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.3787").Click 19,10
Window("Streme :  Login .....").WinObject("WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.3787").Type "a"
Window("Streme :  Login .....").WinObject("OK").Click 20,11
Window("Streme : Location Manager").WinObject("menuStrip1").Click 272,8

My question is how can we create new object manually and run successfully which properties i need to select to recognise objects properly.

Your quick reply is awaited.
Sonal
Hi Sonal,

Your question here is not clear enough to understand.

By "creating new object manually", do you mean adding objects to repository manually or using descriptive programming?

If you are talking about adding objects to repository, then you need not to be worry about selecting properties, QTP does it by itself. However, you can select some additinal properties which are not selected by QTP by default.

If you are talking about DP, then you can view all properties once you spy on any object and try different combinations. If it is still difficult to choose any property, add the object to local object repository and see which property(ies) QTP uses to uniquely identify the object. You can use those in your DP and can delete the object added.

Hope this helps you.
Dear Prabhat
Thanks for the info.
I want to add objects into the object repository.
Can you please tel me the process to do this step by step.
its urgent for me.please
Hi Sonal,

I have sent an external link to your mail id that you have registered for this site as we are not supposed to give any external links here. It explains about how to add objects to repository in detail.

Hope it will help you.
Thanks so much....
I will try the same and let u know....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collecting Objects And Object State At Runtime zunebuggy 3 1,533 11-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  How to make QTP Script to work when system gets locked? ramkumarad 6 11,891 11-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Divv
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,863 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,451 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,977 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123