Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Interview Questions
Solved: 10 Years, 3 Weeks ago
Can any one explain in detail about my below questions
1)Since we have record and play back option then why do we need user defined functions and VB scripting in qtp.

2) When we can go for automation of an application, i mean at what pont of time we can go for automation.

3) What are the different methods to skip an action in QTP

Regards
Raj
1)Since we have record and play back option then why do we need user defined functions and VB scripting in qtp.

ok Consider a Scenario where u need to automate but the application is still in developement
at this point your automation effort will be purely descriptive programming u will get all the object name from the developement team and start your automation...

2) When we can go for automation of an application, i mean at what pont of time we can go for automation.
Once your Requirement is freezed you have your test plan and test cases u can start your automation ......
3) What are the different methods to skip an action in QTP

Can u Explain the Question little more.Action is like a function if u want to skip it dont call it

For example if your Question is for the following scenario..

the test runs like this a1-->a2-->a3

a1,a2,a3 are actions
In case during the run u want to skip a2
the only way i see is :

1)go to keyword view

2)right click on action -->delete

3)Delete the Selected call to the action

The action will still be there but the it wont be called in the test
Or in expert view just comment out the action.
[quote='Rajashekar Gouda' pid='2420' dateline='1216208760']

We need to start developing the QTP script at the same time as the developers.In that case, we have just the name of the objects and we need to manually create the QTP script.
VBscript also comes in handy, if we need to use the regular expressions.
User defined functions help us to make our script more robust.A part of script that gets repeated can be written as a function.This makes our script short, fast and creates less objects in our repository.

We can go for automation testing of our script only when our script is stable.

3) What are the different methods to skip an action in QTP.

Comment it out in Keyword view
4>if u want to skip action 2 i-e a2
In action a2 write exitaction[/u]
Could you pls let me know any one looking for QA jobs in USA because Im also looking jobs in USA so i want parner for discussion about qa openings...
Hi Kishore, Can u pls explain before starting testcases what are the documents needed.
3) What are the different methods to skip an action in QTP.

a. ExitAction(<ActionName>): this line is used when you want to exit from the specified action.
In an interview I was asked a question--"There is a submit button at the bottom of the page,if the button is moved to some other position on the page then does your script will run or not? "
Can we merge two shared object repository to using scripting?If yes then pls let me know.
Hi Sanumca,
Please open a new thread for your also please put one query per thread (Refer Posting guidelines)
Do not post in a thread which is quite old and does not relate with your query.

!!Thread is closed now!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interview Questions praveen.sharma 4 5,529 08-23-2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ahmad3029
  Interview Questions supputuri 12 12,655 08-23-2022, 11:45 AM
Last Post: ahmad3029
  Interview question nandha 0 1,726 03-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Last Post: nandha
  Few Interview Question asked in various Companies.. shailesh.2.singh@bt.com 1 3,280 08-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: mallika199317@gmail.com
  Interview Question raghavaqtp 1 3,531 12-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Last Post: supputuri