Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with iterations
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Question 
I am trying to test multiple web stores with QTPor 9.0.

Action 1 opens a store and logs in using line one from the global datasheet.

Action 2 then needs to run using multiple rows from its local datasheet, but not all of the rows, say rows 1-3.

Action 3 then needs to run using some of the rows from its local datasheet.

Then a couple of actions that only need to run once.

Then another action that needs to run using more than one row from its datasheet.

Then the browser is closed and the whole thing starts over with row two in the global datasheet, but the later actions need to run a different set of rows from their local datasheets.

Is this even possible? When I try to place a looping statement around a call to an Action it just runs the first local row with each loop.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Don Rolfson
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
So, apparently nooneelse has any clue IF this can even bo done, let alone how?

bummer.
I guess you can use " RUN ACTION action name [Iteration name Iteration range] ". But I am not 100% sure.
Let me know if it works in your scenario.

Example: RunAction ActionName, "26-35"
Don -
This is possible, you will need to juggle with Test Iterations & If loops depending upon your case. The key lies in the way how you want to manage your datatable entries and the looping from there on.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Repeat iterations Until New Value Is Seen in Column1 shayk1985 1 1,494 07-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT Datatable iterations Studymode 2 3,466 12-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Studymode
  QTP-Re-executing script after completion of all iterations JwalantBhatt0602 1 2,545 03-24-2016, 12:37 AM
Last Post: JwalantBhatt0602
  Trouble Getting UFT to Work with Simplified Chinese hhamilton 2 2,752 03-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: vinod123
Question QTP not performing iterations based on local data sheet Breaker 18 55,254 01-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: arunshuklainbox