Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to add a sub menu in to the Object Repository
Not Solved
I am having a problem with getting a Sub Menu on my web application added into the QTP Object Repository.

The Sub Menu is displayed if you mouse over then main menu item.

If I press the Record button then mouse over the main menu then the Sub menu is displayed, however I am unable to click on it so it is not added to my test script.

If I use Object Spy I can hold down CTRL and then click the main menu item and the focus changes to the sub menu where I can click on the Sub Menu object and the Sub Menu details are displayed in Object Spy, so QTP does acknowledge that it exists.

If I open the Object Repository and click the [Add Objects to Local] button then I can hold down CTRL and click the main menu item and the focus changes to the sub menu where I can click on the Sub Menu object. The Object Selection window is now displayed with the WebElement displayed but when I click the Ok button to add it to the repository the Object Selection window just closes and the object is not added to the repository?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,854 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,433 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,967 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,627 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard
  Change Object Repository File Path for ExternalActions MasterChief 1 4,424 11-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Last Post: vinod123