Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a saved Object Repository
Not Solved
Using QTP 9.5

I went through a part of my site using F6 to Navigate and Learn six pages of my website to crete an object repository that I intend my other tests to use in the future. I then saved the OR as CTErep.tsr. As I bult my repository, each time I did an F6, the F6 was namming the page the same (Wisdom CTE) To differentiate I changed the names for my own knoweledge of what each page was. Then I saved the OR as CTErep.tsr

When testing I ran into pages that I had not placed in my CTErep.tsr so the extra objects go to the local repository.

How can I have the newly found objects be saved directly into my created CTRErep.tsr?

When the new objects are located, how can I best move them to my already created CTErep.tsr? The file is greyed out.

I noticed that in my CTErep.tsr that all of my created folders are greyed out. One is black but I can not seem to save my CTErep.tsr file with the changes I assume have been made. How do I save my OR with what I think are changes?

After "thining" that my changes were updated to my CTErep.tsr file, I delleted my local OR. Now my pages that I already F6 and earlier saved fail. I do have a statement to add on each run my CTErep.tsr file and it is set in the Associated ORs (not sure if I need to do both). Why are my previous setup calls now failing. My OR is loading and the objects look mapped in the OR.

Any kind helps please?
thx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Access not saved excel file randhirsinghskhn 0 933 09-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Last Post: randhirsinghskhn
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,863 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,441 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  login object not found in object repository Akram 2 2,970 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Last Post: babu123
  object was not found in the Object Repository reynard 0 6,638 03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Last Post: reynard