Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the criteria of identify the object based on Base & option filter properties
Not Solved
I am very much confused on this theoretical topic Base filter and option filter properties even after googling. Please somebody make me understand this topic with simple example.
Not Solved
Hi Suma,
Let me give you a simple example.

Amazin that I have given my red toyota corolla car - numberplate# 527666 keys to you and ask you to grab some documents out, which is parked in the parking lot. Now what you will do
1) you will go to the parking lot and then check for the car (if there is only one car then directly you will go and grab the docs) right
Now imagin that there are 2 more cars then you need some other special property to identify my car
2) Now you will try to check for the Red color car. (if there is only one car then its done)
Consider that there are 2 red cars.
3) Then you will go with the make and model of the car (both of them are toyota corollas)
4) Finally you will go with the numberplate.

Now In step 1: Base filter property
Step2: Optional Filter property
Step3: Smart Identification
Step 4: Ordinal Identifier

Let me know if you need more information.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
Hi Supputuri,

The example which you had given that concept i understood. I know how qtp identify an object using
1. Mandatory properties
2. Assistive properties
3. Ordinal identifier

But my question is when qtp not identify any unique description of the object from above properties then it wil go to smart identification(If i am correct). Here in smart identification, on what basis/strategy used to find unique description by using its Base and option filter properties.

How we can differentiate Base filter and Option filter properties?

(Hope now you got my point)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot identify the object "Webtable" korunu 1 2,397 06-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Cannot identify the object "Webtable" korunu 0 1,657 05-11-2016, 12:02 AM
Last Post: korunu
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,948 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
  QTP "Cannot identify the object" richardpaulhall_2 3 13,332 08-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,455 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992