Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
expected result in QC
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All

I have created Test script in QC and when i run that script status of each step gets updated "passed" or fail but nothing is there in expected and actuall if i want to add these details what is the way to implement that .

if i execute the same test case manully and see the results it show me both expected and actuall result which i have written while creating the test steps .
kindly help .
lalit
you could use Reporter.ReportEvent
For example:

Reporter.ReportEvent micDone, "TestName", "The Expected Result was: "&YourExpectedResultVarable&" The Actual Result was: "&YourActualResultVarable&""
Hi I am new to this forum.
How can I insert new lines with in Reporter.Report event method.
I would like to see the output message in the test results window as below:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
in stead of "Monday Tuesday Wednesday"

Thank you,
Madhu
Hi Madhu,

Try as given below, hope it would solve your query.Smile

Code:
Reporter.ReportEvent micPass,"TestName","Monday"&vbNewline&"Tuesday"&vbNewline&"Wednesday"
Thanks Sreekanth.
I am working with reports, and it worked perfect

Thanks From México
Thankx Jackomcnabb

but i want what so i have written in my test step in expected field should be shown when i run from QTP
here what u have suggested will show the result in description fields and expected and actual filed in test result will be blank

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Verify Static Object Text which is changing Dynamically with Expected Result johnny77 0 3,186 06-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Last Post: johnny77
  How to retrieve test result summary from a test result window using dp? jyotikrushna 3 5,086 09-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: rajpes
  it is possible import from excel to table with expected data of checkpoint database i sarcastic 0 2,194 08-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Last Post: sarcastic
  How to read expected row from MsAccess table in QTP dineshb 2 3,005 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Last Post: dineshb