Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusually long pauses while QTP runs
Not Solved
I have recently taken over running some BVT testing and am wondering why if I choose to pause the test, and then skip over (F10) some line of code it takes like 20 seconds for QTP to continue?

Also, it appears that sometimes QTP sits for about 20 seconds on a line of code such as the click event of a url link within a frame, within a page in the browser. Why would it do that? Is it possible something isn't defined well in the object repository?
Not Solved
hey,
i have a question:
are you using recorded repository or descriptive programming?
if you have used a repository then verify the mandatory properties for the objects?
if are you are using a webelements then this can turn out to be a big problem in performance.

suggestion: from the next time try to present more details so that we can can answer you better.
Not Solved
Well, I'm new enough at QTP that I am not sure of the answer of your question. What I do know is the tests were created from recordings of certain web actions, we have added objects to the repository and we have added VBScript programming to check for certain conditions. I'm not certain about how to check for 'mandatory' properties of the objects. I have deleted and re-added them to the repository, in case something had changed, but it did not make a difference. What specifically do you mean by 'using web elements'? Obviously I have a bit of a terminology barrier here since I am a beginner to automation with QTP. If you can ask me the details that I am missing here, I would be happy to let you know anything.

Your help/response is appreciated - thanks!
Not Solved
hi,
any element on your page qualifies as web element for ex: link , button etc
Not Solved
QTP sits for about 20 seconds on a line of code such as the click event of a url link within a frame, within a page in the browser. Why would it do that? Is it possible something isn't defined well in the object repository?

One reason can be that your web page takes too long to open... until and unless browser comes to a standstill it will not perform the action on the objects of that particular page.

See if you can decrease the loading time of the web page by getting a faster net connection or discussing with your developers about the problem.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
It's not the page loading, when the pause happens the page is fully loaded. I think it's more to do with the properties of an object, I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT Tool runs more than one iteration always cthossain 2 3,328 02-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Last Post: cthossain
  How to schedule regular UFT runs MasterChief 1 3,232 12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP Takes Long time to Run prasaad44 4 4,635 04-10-2014, 01:53 AM
Last Post: prasaad44
  select an item from a very long drop down list vijayendra.shukla 0 2,619 12-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Last Post: vijayendra.shukla
  popup window takes a long time bistritapcv 4 3,296 04-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Last Post: bistritapcv