- Check Allow other Mercury products to run tests and components present under Tools > Options > Run in QTP
- If you are running the tests on the same computer where you have QC client installed, then you will need:
- QTP Connectivity Add-In
- QTP Add-in
- If you are running the tests on the different computer than where you have QC client installed, then you will need:
- QTP Add-in where QC client is installed.
- QTP Add-in and QC connectivity Add-in where QTP is installed.
- QC connectivity can be found at QC server URL > ‘Add-Ins Page’ link > ‘QC Connectivity’ link > ‘Download Add-in’
- QTP Add-in can be found at QC server URL > ‘Add-Ins Page’ link > ‘More QC Add-ins’ link > Download and install QTP Add-in according to its version.
Q: How can we connect QC with QTP using Automation Object Model (AOM)?
Use TDConnection Object.
' Create the QuickTest Professional application object. Set qtqcApp = CreateObject("QuickTest.Application")qtqcApp.Launch 'Launch QTP qtqcApp.Visible = True 'Make it visible 'Connect to Quality Center 'qtqcApp.TDConnection.Connect <QC Server path>, <Domain name that contains QC project>, '<Project Name in QC you want to connect to>, <UserName>, <Password>, ' <Whether 'password is entered in encrypted or normal. Value is True for encrypted and FALSE for normal> qtqcApp.TDConnection.Connect "http://QualityCenterServer/tdbin", "FR", "Flights", "learnqtp", "welcome", False
A: Go to File > Quality Center Connection. Check the box marked Reconnect to server on start-up.
A: Change the following properties from 1 to 0. They are present in mic.ini file under QTP installation generally found under C:Program FilesMercury InteractiveQuickTest Professionalbin
A: Using QCUtil object (AKA TDUtil for QTP 6.5 and backwards). You can find details of all associated properties like CurrentRun, TestRun, Current Testset, CurrentTestSetTest, IsConnected, QCConnection under QTP Help > Quick Test Object Model Reference > Utility Objects > QCUtil Object.
A: Refer QTP Help > QTP Advanced References > QuickTest Automation > TDConnection Object.
A: Once connected to Quality Center, open the test using AOM and save it to QC.
qtqcApp.Open "C:TempProjectQTPTestScript1", True ' Get the Test object Set qtqcTest = qtqcApp.Test ' Use the SaveAs method to upload the test to Quality Center qtqcApp.Test.SaveAs "[QualityCenter] SubjectFolderNameQTPTScript"
A: QC 9.0 integrates with QTP 8.2 SP1, QTP 8.2 SP2, QTP 9.0, QTP 9.1 and QTP 9.2. To check the compatibility of your QTP version, check out the ReadMe that comes pre-installed with QTP
A: Yes, only with QC 9.2 and above. Use .NET Add-in.
A: Yes, use ‘Test Run Scheduler’ utility that comes with QC.
A: Yes, QTP 10.0 provides you the version control feature under the name of Quality Center Version Control present under File Menu. Earlier versions of QTP can work with 3rd party version control tools.
A: Yes. Check this site on Quality Center. It has many step-by-step articles to Learn Quality Center.
If you want to keep track of further articles on UFT (QTP). I recommend you to subscribe by Email and have new UFT articles sent directly to your inbox.