My inbox and QTP Forums are being swamped nowadays due to people experiencing various problems during installation of UFT 11.5. The #1 reason for these issues has been corrupt downloads.
For various versions of QTP, the size of downloaded files is in the range of 2.5GB – 2.8GB. On a slower internet connection, this huge file size may result in corrupted downloads.
Here is quick method on how to verify the integrity of your downloaded QTP/UFT ISO(or a zip) file -
- Download and install this nice freeware called MD5 Check (Softpedia Link). Just choose the default options during installation. It’s lightweight and should install quickly.
- Browse to the location where you have stored the downloaded UFT ISO file.
- Enter the MD5 checksum for the version of QTP you wish to check. List is given below. [Though I couldn’t find the MD5 Checksum for UFT 11.5 anywhere, for the UFT 11.5 file Software_QTP_11.0_English_T6510-15080.iso this software generated 32F56BD3F60CC4FAD15F403351C3B15C]
Here is a list of MD5 Checksum for various versions of QTP and the corresponding downloaded file names.
- UFT 11.5: 32F56BD3F60CC4FAD15F403351C3B15C(File name is Software_QTP_11.0_English_T6510-15080.iso)
- QTP 11.00: 4AED13FF8EB6E7E0B4BF209C814905AF (File name is Software_QTP_11.0_English_T6510_15066.iso)
- QTP 10.00: BA1F404F7E2B860744D55964E703816E (File name is T6510-15063.zip))
On another note, I think this will be the last blog post for 2012. Here’s wishing all LearnQTP readers a warm and enriching Happy New Year 2013!
Related: How to download and install UFT 11.5
Latest posts by Ankur Jain (see all)
- Free Webinar: The Latest In Mobile Test Automation & Extension to QTP - April 20, 2013
- MD5 Checksum: Verify Integrity of UFT(QTP) Download - December 28, 2012
- UFT(QTP) 11.5 is available for download - December 21, 2012