My inbox and QTP Forums are being swamped nowadays due to people experiencing various problems during installation of UFT 11.5. The #1 reason for these issues has been corrupt downloads.
For various versions of QTP, the size of downloaded files is in the range of 2.5GB – 2.8GB. On a slower internet connection, this huge file size may result in corrupted downloads.
Here is quick method on how to verify the integrity of your downloaded QTP/UFT ISO(or a zip) file –
- Download and install this nice freeware called MD5 Check (Softpedia Link). Just choose the default options during installation. It’s lightweight and should install quickly.
- Browse to the location where you have stored the downloaded UFT ISO file.
- Enter the MD5 checksum for the version of QTP you wish to check. List is given below.
Here is a list of MD5 Checksum for various versions of QTP/UFT and the corresponding downloaded file names.
- UFT 12.5: 7C0D8828A2FA23C669A5614F73F3AE8A(File name is Software_HP_UFT_12.50_MLU_UFT1250_DVD.zip)
- UFT 11.5: 32F56BD3F60CC4FAD15F403351C3B15C(File name is Software_QTP_11.0_English_T6510-15080.iso)
- QTP 11.00: 4AED13FF8EB6E7E0B4BF209C814905AF (File name is Software_QTP_11.0_English_T6510_15066.iso)
- QTP 10.00: BA1F404F7E2B860744D55964E703816E (File name is T6510-15063.zip))
Related: How to download and install UFT 12.5