As mentioned in one of our earlier posts, HP has released the latest version of QTP and named it Unified Functional Testing – UFT 11.5. The trial/licensed version of this software is available for download now.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to download and install UFT 11.5.
- Go to UFT 11.5 download location
- Click on ‘Trial software’ and then click on the link ‘HP Unified Functional Testing 11.50 CC English SW E-Media Evaluation’
- Fill in your personal details and click Next.
- On the next page, hit the download buttons to download the evaluation version of UFT 11.5 and a 0.08MB letter from HP.
- UFT 11.5 evaluation is about 2.64 GB in size. It will take around 1-4 hrs to download (depending upon your internet speed)
- Once downloaded, you will get an ISO image file.
- Check the integrity of the file you have downloaded above by using the steps mentioned here and then come back to pt #9
- ISO image is an archive file which is used to make a true uncompressed digital copy of an optical (CD/DVD) disk. The easiest way I know to extract contents from ISO file is by using a free utility software called 7zip which can be downloaded here.
- To extract contents, right click on the ISO image –> 7-Zip –> Extract to “Software_HP_UFT_11.50_English_T6510-15080”
- Before you start with installation, make sure that -
- You have administrative privileges on the drive where you wish to install UFT.
- You have IE 7or IE8 or IE9 installed on your machine.
- You have Windows XP SP2 or XP SP3 or Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 on your machine. UFT 11.5 does not support Windows 8 yet. [Check UFT_PAM.pdf for the complete list of compatible software. This pdf is available under the same folder where Setup.exe is present]
- If you’re upgrading from QTP 9.5 or above versions, then the installation process will automatically uninstall the older version and install UFT. If you’re upgrading from QTP 9.2 you need to manually uninstall QTP 9.2 before upgrading to this version.
- Once you have extracted the contents as shown in Step#9 above, go inside the folder Software_HP_UFT_11.50_English_T6510-15080 and double click on Setup.exe file to start the installation.
- Choose default options on the next few screens. [Note: Along with default Active Add-in, Visual Basic Add-in and Web Add-in, UFT 11.5 setup comes with the following 13 add-ins which can be installed per your requirement: Delphi, Flex, Java, .NET, Oracle, PeopleSoft, PowerBuilder, Qt, SAP Solutions, Siebel, Stingray, TE, Visual Age]
- The place where it asks for QTP license keys, click on Cancel button.
- Remember You DO NOT need order number or license keys for the trial version. Check the video below. (This video was created with QTP 10 but it holds good for UFT 11.5 as well)
How is your experience with the new tool? Do let us know in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Ankur Jain (see all)
- Free Webinar: The Latest In Mobile Test Automation & Extension to QTP - April 20, 2013
- MD5 Checksum: Verify Integrity of UFT(QTP) Download - December 28, 2012
- UFT(QTP) 11.5 is available for download - December 21, 2012