HP has released the latest version of Unified Functional Testing – UFT 12.5. The trial/licensed version of this software is available for download now.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to download and install UFT 12.5
- Go to UFT 12.50 download location
- Click on “Download Now” button.
- Fill in your personal details and click Continue.
- On the next page, make sure to select Using Standard Download on the top right side drop down. Hit the download buttons to download the evaluation version of UFT 12.50 and a 46 KB letter from HP.
- UFT 12.50 evaluation is about 1.97 GB in size. It may take around 1-2 hrs to download (depending upon your internet speed)
- Once downloaded, you will get a zip file.
- Check the integrity of the file you have downloaded above by using the steps mentioned here and then come back to pt #8
- Use your favorite unzipping software to extract files. We prefer a free and robust software called 7zip which can be downloaded here.
- To extract contents, right click on the zip file –> 7-Zip –> Extract to “Software_HP_UFT_12.50_MLU_UFT1250_DVD.zip\”
- For software of such sizes, it is always recommended to do a md5 checksum after downloading it. It can help you verify the integrity of downloaded software. MD5 checksum for zip version of UFT 12.5 is 7C0D8828A2FA23C669A5614F73F3AE8A
- Before you start with installation, make sure that –
- You have administrative privileges on the drive where you wish to install UFT.
- You have IE 7or IE8 or IE9 installed on your machine.
- You have Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8 on your machine. [Check UFT_PAM.pdf for the complete list of compatible software. This pdf is available under the same folder where Setup.exe is present]
- If you’re upgrading from QTP 9.5 or above versions, then the installation process will automatically uninstall the older version and install UFT. If you’re upgrading from QTP 9.2 you need to manually uninstall QTP 9.2 before upgrading to this version.
- Once you have extracted the contents as shown in Step#9 above, go inside the folder Software_HP_UFT_12.50_MLU_UFT1250_DVD.zip and double click on Setup.exe file to start the installation.
- Choose default options on the next few screens. [Note: Along with default Active Add-in, Visual Basic Add-in and Web Add-in, UFT 12.50 setup comes with the following 13 add-ins which can be installed per your requirement: Delphi, Flex, Java, .NET, Oracle, PeopleSoft, PowerBuilder, Qt, SAP Solutions, Siebel, Stingray, TE, Visual Age]
- The place where it asks for QTP license keys, click on Cancel button.
- Remember You DO NOT need order number or license keys for the trial version. Check the video below.
How is your experience with the new tool? Do let us know in the comments section below.